Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm an Old Lady

I haven't posted in a while and I feel like I should.

I went shopping today and got new curtains for my window.  It's actually kind of horrible because there is always some kind of light shining through.  In the day it's the sun and at night it's the super tall street light outside of my 4th story apartment.  So I got black curtains to try to block out most of the light.  [Begin side story] In the summer, I noticed that my eyes were getting really dry.  So at my eye doctor appointment I told the doctor and his first "medical" solution was to tell me to wear an eye mask at night.  His second was to prescribe me Restasis, yes the eye drops targeted at old ladies in the commercials on TV.  Since the summer I've been wearing the eye mask my mom bought for me.  I usually end up waking up with it on the floor or under my pillow or something though.  I guess I move around a lot in my sleep?  But whenever I think about eye masks I always think of the scene in Matilda where she is sneaking into her parents bedroom in the morning and her mom sits up in bed and has an eye mask with eyes on the fabric.  [End sidestory]  I, like a lot of people, can sleep a lot better if the room is completely dark.  I can only hope that these curtains can keep the light out and the sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment