Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2011... So Far

La la la, I'm really getting horrible at updating this thing!


I'm back at UNLV now for the spring semester.  I'm taking the following classes:

  • IS 378: Project Management
  • IS 383: Business Intelligence
  • MGT 301: Principles of Management and Organizational Behavior
  • MKT 301: Marketing Management
  • MGT 303: Business Law and Society
  • PHIL 102: Philosophy
Sounds like fun, eh?  I was recently admitted to UNLV's College of Business (yay!) which means I've got about 2 semesters left after this spring.  Depending on how the summer goes (which classes the college decides to hold then) I could graduate in December.  So clearly I'm crossing my fingers.

I had to take Sasha to the shop when I came back from winter break because her hydraulic brake was having issues.  I picked her up yesterday and they also changed the oil and did some other mechanic-y things.  Now she runs like a dream, and I can finally go grocery shopping!

On the job front, I'm currently in the interview process for an internship at a marketing firm in Town Square (right next to YogurtLand, yum!).  It is an unpaid internship so I'm looking at other places as well.  I'm also in the process of applying for the position of a ChaCha expediter.  Don't know what ChaCha is?  All you have to do is text 242-242 (that spells out ChaCha) any questions that you would like the answer to, all for free.  Now I'm going to simplify this, but it would basically be my job to provide customers with answers.  I would be able to work on any computer with an internet connection.  I had to take and pass a bunch of tests in order to take the final test.  If I pass that one, I get the opportunity to accept the job.  I took that yesterday and it takes up to 4 days to grade, so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment