Wednesday, October 13, 2010

LTNB (Long Time No Blog)

Well, well, well... we meet again.  After 6 months of not posting anything...  So here's a little recap on my life:

On the school front, I finished CSN in the spring and took 4 summer classes at UNLV.  Now I'm on track in the Business Marketing degree at UNLV, currently taking Interpersonal Communications 102, Finance 301, Accounting 202, Business Writing 407A and French 113.  I just took two midterms today: accounting and french and I think they both went really well.

On the apartment front, I'm living with a new roommate Kendra.  She is from California, but transferred from a school in Colorado to play volleyball here at UNLV.  Because of that, she's not home a lot.  But we get along great.  We're living in a two-bedroom apartment right across the street from school.

On the work front, I've been working at the MGM Grand pool as a receptionist.  I sell and rent cabanas and tubes for the guests.  It's super fun (bleh).  Perks for working at a giant company are pretty awesome though.  During orientation I got two complimentary tickets for KA and then later I got two complimentary admissions to the MGM buffet.  So this Friday me and Kyler are having a little date night.  And how are we going to get there?

...I bought a moped!!  She's a brand new yellow 2010 scooter, bought her with 2 miles on her.  Hehe, and of course I named her after JD's scooter, Sasha.  I don't need a license or registration (or even legally a helmet). She can only go a max of 40mph.  It's a lot better than biking around to get places.  My poor bike looks so sad locked up to the stair rail every time I see her when I leave my apartment.  I should ride her every now and then, so she knows I still love her too, haha.

1 comment:

  1. Jill, the fact that you wrote a blog post made my day. The fact that you bought a moped and named it after Scrubs made my week. We need to talk soon, because I miss you and I love you and I cannot wait till we can all hang out!

    ReplyDelete